Low-fat Keto Yogurt
This is a lower fat verison of our original Instant Pot Yogurt recipe.Print Pin
Servings: 8 1/2 cup servings
- 1 1/2 - 2 Quarts Ultra FIltered 2% Milk We like Fairlife
- 2 tbls yogurt with live cultures We use Fage 5%
- Combine milk and yogurt in the instant pot and whisk together
- Press yogurt button and let yogurt incubate for 8 - 10 hours/. DO NOT MIX OR STIR
- After 8-10 hours, pour yogurt into a yogurt strainer. (If you don't have a yogurt strainer you can use nut milk bags or cheesecloth) Allow to strain for 15-24 hours in the fridge or on the counter. The longer you wait, the thicker the yogurt.
- Divide into portions and store in air tight containers.
NO YOGURT BUTTON / No Instant Pot instructions
- Add Milk amd turn instant pot to sear/saute. Once it reaches 110 degrees, whisk in 2 tablespoons starter yogurt and immediately close the lid, and lock it (set seal to pressure cook) and unplug. Wrap the entire pressure cooker (or pot) in a beach towel or 2 bath towels. Set aside and do not disturb for 8-10 hours
- Remove from instant pot, cover with plastic wrap and wait for 4 hours. DO NOT STIR
- Strain in yogurt strainer, nut milk bag or in a colander lined with cheese cloth. Place in fridge and allow to strain until desired consistency.
The nutrition facts below are based on using fairlife 2% milk, Face 5% starter and after the whey has been strained. We strained off 2 1/2 cups of whey which is about 3.75 carbs per serving. That's why the carbs are listed as .95 per serving. To figure out the nutrition on your batch, combine nutrition facts for all ingredients. (add all calories together, all carbs, all fat and all protein) After the straining stage, measure out whey and subtract that nutrition from the starting totals. 1 cup of whey is 60-65 calories, .25 grams of fat, .5 grams protein and 12 carbs. Make sure you save 2-3 tablespoons for the next batch. You should get 4-5 batches before you need to start over. You can freeze your starter cultures.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.7g | Protein: 8.5g | Fat: 2.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Net Carbs: 0.95g | Whey removed: 3.75g
Tried this recipe?Mention @2krazyketos or tag #2krazyketos!