Keto Instant Pot Yogurt
- 1 1/2 - 2 Quarts Full fat milk We like Fairlife
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbls yogurt with live cultures
- Combine milk, heavy cream and yogurt in the instant pot and whisk together
- Press yogurt button and let yogurt incubate for 8 hours/. DO NOT MIX OR STIR
- After 8-9 hours, cover with plastic wrap and out in refrigerator for 3-4 hours. (DO NOT MIX OR STIR, it will stop the incubation process) This step can be skipped
- Remove from fridge and pour into a yogurt strainer, nut milk bag or colander lined with multiple layers of cheese cloth. Allow to strain for 15-24 hours in the fridge. The longer you wait, the thicker the yogurt.
- In a bowl, use an egg beater to fluff up yogurt
- Divide into portions and store in air tight containers.
NO YOGURT BUTTON / No Instant Pot instructions
- Add milk and heavy cream to instant pot or heavy pot (like a dutch oven) (NOT THE STARTER YOGURT)
- using saute/sear function, bring the milk to 180 degrees and then turn off. Make sure you are stirring so it doesnt scald. You can skip this if using ultra pasturized milk
- Once at 180 degrees, allow to cool to 110. Again, make sure you stir it.
- Once it reaches 110 degrees, which in 2 tablespoons starter yogurt and immediately close the lid, and lock it (set seal to pressure cook) and unplug. Wrap the entire pressure cooker (or pot) in a beach towel or 2 bath towels. Set aside and do not disturb for 8-10 hours
- Remove from instant pot, cover with plastic wrap and transfer to fridge for 4 hours. DO NOT STIR
- Strain into a yogurt strainer, nut milk bag or in a colander lined with cheese cloth. Place in fridge and allow to strain until desired consistency.