Sweet & Spicy Jerky
A sweest and spicy jerky that can be made two different ways. You can use steak or ground beef. This recipe calls for using a lean beef cut like top round. If you prefer to use ground beef (or chicken) see our other recipePrint Pin
- 1 pound Top round beef or any lean cut of meat
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 tbls apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp worcestire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid stevia
- 1 tsp mineral salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Using a meat mallet, flatten meat to about 1/4" thickness
- Slice into strips. Cut against the grain for a tender jerky or with the grain for a chewy one
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients
- Allow to marinate for at least 3 hours (or use a vacumm sealer to expidite
- Place into food dehyrator at 155 degrees for 4-5 hours. Dry unitl meat in bendable but doesnt break,
- If you dont have a food dehyrator, place in oven on a cookie cooling rack and set to lowest temperature your oven will go.
Nutrition will vary depending on cut of meat that you use as well as how much marinade you have left over after removing meat. You also use venison or other game.
Serving: 2pieces | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.8g | Protein: 6.3g | Fat: 1.3g | Net Carbs: 0.8g
Tried this recipe?Mention @2krazyketos or tag #2krazyketos!