Rachel loves dessert every night and this is one of her favorites. It’s super moist, has great flavor and is loaded with fat and fiber. Whether you’re craving that cinnamon muffin from Dunkin Donuts or a cinnamon roll from the mall, this will satisfy you. It makes for a great breakfast muffin on the go as well as an incredible desert.
Sometimes we get creative and add some cacao nibs to it to give a little extra crunch. Be careful though, it’s highly addicting. Generally we make one of these and split it between the two of us.
You can also make these in a silicone muffin pan and bake them in the oven. Simply change the serving size to 6, mix all the ingredients in a bowl (other than the cinnamon sugar mixture) and divide equally into 12 muffins. Then stir in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degree for about 12-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Put coconut oil in a microwave safe mug or ramekin and melt for 15-20 seconds
- Add coconut flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, salt and 1 Tbls of erythritol to coconut oil and combine.
- Add egg and mix until batter is well combined then let sit for about 1 minute. Batter should become very thick.
- In a separate bowl, create cinnamon sugar by combining erythritol and cinnamon
- Pour cinnamon sugar onto top of mug and swirl it in. Don't completely mix.
- Microwave for 90 second to have a gooey center and 2 minutes for a firm muffin.
- To increase the fat, put 1/2 tablespoon butter on top to serve.