We love meat and we love meat snacks even more. There are some amazing carnivore meat snacks on the market and as good as they are, they can be expensive. This recipe will help you make your own at a fraction of the cost of purchasing the store ones.Print Pin
- 1 food slicer
- oven or smoker
- 2 pounds Beef, pork or Lamb
- Redmond Real Salt
- Slice meat thinly to about 2mm. (You can also purchase shabu shabu meat)
- Lay out of jerky racks and cover generously sprinkle salt over all the pieces
- Place in an oven or smoker at 180 degrees for 4 hours
- Every one to two hours, dab excess fat off the meat and flip it. Depending on you smoker, you may want to rotate the trays from top to bottom.
- When meat is finished, it will still be soft. Remove from oven or smoker, dab off excess oil and allow to cool. The meat will crisp up a little after it cools. Store in an air tight container,
The below nutrition facts are for chuck roast and are only an approximation. To determine the exact nutrition for your batch, weigh it before cooking and determine how much protein and fat is in that amount. (For example, 1 pound of ribeye has 1100 calories, 85g protein and 85g fat). After cooking, weigh what is left and separate into portions. Divide the nutrition facts from before cooking by the number of portions you have. So, if you have five, 1 ounce portions of ribeye, each serving would be 220 calories, 17g fat and 17g of protein.
Serving: 1ounce | Calories: 160kcal | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention @2krazyketos or tag #2krazyketos!