About 6 months after Joe started keto, I asked him what food he missed the most and his answer was Pizza, he absolutely loved eating all kinds of pizza. I guess thats the New Yorker in him because I just didn’t get it. Because Joe loves pizza so much, he’s always trying to find ways to make it at home. We’ve made fat head crusts, cauliflower crusts and chicken crusts but I think this recipe he came up with is a home run. Other than the chicken crust pizza, this one is the lowest in carbs and its very nutritious.
The key to the crust is the pork rinds, they give the crust the crunch that it needs. Recently we found out about Pork Clouds Pork Panko and using them makes it so much easier since you don’t have to be bothered grinding up all your pork rinds.
Zucchini Pizza Crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Grate 1 large zucchini and place in a bowl (do not squeeze water out of zucchini but get rid of any excess that resulted from grating)
- Grind 1 1/2 ounces of pork rinds (you should have about 1 cup). We like to use Pork clouds - Pork Panko
- Add all ingredients to bowl with zucchini and mix well
- Grease a baking pan and spread out crust on pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until edges crisp and top starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and add toppings. Place back in oven until cheese melts.