This is one of Joe’s favorite keto meals. Its has loads of flavor and it fills you up. You can change so many of the ingredients to match your tastes . Try substituting chorizo for the ground beef or using broccoli slaw instead of cabbage. The combinations are limitless. If you don’t like spicy, simply cut back on the sriracha or eliminate it all together. The best part about this recipe is that its another one pot meal.
Keto Krack Slaw
- 1 1/2 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 20 oz Chopped Cabbage
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- In a large braiser, skillet or dutch oven, heat coconut oil and cook meat completely. Make sure you break the meat up into tiny pieces so that you don't have large chunks in each bite. (You can substitute ground pork, Italian sausage or chorizo for the beef)
- While the ground beef if cooking, chop up 1/2 head of cabbage (roughly 20 ounces). This can be done by hand or in a food processor. Chop it to the consistency you like. We like larger pieces of cabbage. You can also substitute coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw.
- Once the meat is completely cooked, add the coconut aminos (soy sauce or liquid aminos can be substituted), garlic, ginger, onion powder, sriracha, apple cider vinegar and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. DO NOT drain the meat, you want all the fat.Turn the heat to medium and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the liquid has reduced a little, add the chopped cabbage and combine.
- Cover and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes until the cabbage softens to the consistency you like. If there is still a lot of liquid, remove the cover and allow the sauce to reduce more. Once its done cooking, stir again to make sure everything is coated.
- Serve on a plate and top with some sriracha and toasted sesame oil.