Rachel likes to call these Keto Care Bears because we care what you put in your body. If you love gummy bears, this is the recipe for you. These gummies give you electrolytes, a healthy fiber, taste great and have Zero sugar alcoholsPrint Pin
Servings: 60 1.25" gummies
- Large pan
- Desiccant Packs Optional for storage
- 2 cups Water
- 6 Tbls Beef Gelatin
- 4 Tbls Acacia Gum Use 4-6 Tbls on depending how chewy you want them
- 1 serving Redmond Re-Lyte (use can use LMNT)
- 10-15 drops Liquid Sucralose or 1/2 tsp Stevia
- 1/4 tsp Citric Acid (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Potassium Sorbate solution (optional)
- 3-4 drops Gel Food Coloring (optional)
- In a wide pot, add 2 cups of water
- Sprinkle acacia gum across the top and gently mix in. Try not to stir it too much because acacia fiber tends to foam
- Allow acacia gum to sit in the water for about 3-4 minutes to fully absorb the water
- Gently sprinkle the beef gelatin across the top of the water stopping every 1-2 tablespoons and gently mix. Continue until all beef gelatin has been added. If there are lumps of gelatin, try to smash them up against the side or on the bottom to break them up. Again, do not whisk or stir too hard because it will cause air bubbles.
- Allow gelatin to sit in water for about 5-10 minutes to fully bloom. If done correctly, you should have a thick gelatinous mixture.
- After 5-10 minutes turn stove to medium and melt gelatin. As it melts, gently stir, trying to avoid air bubbles. DO NOT BRING TO A BOIL.
- Once the gelatin is melted, add electrolytes, and any optional ingredients like sweetener, food coloring, citric acid and potassium sorbate, along with any additional flavorings you may be using.
- Gently mix in all ingredients and simmer for a couple minutes. trying to avoid air bubbles
- Scrape down sides and mix in any gelatin that was on side of pot.
- Spoon off any air bubbles and transfer to a pouring container and fill gummy molds
- Place in fridge and allow to set for at least one hour. You can speed up the process by placing in freezer for about 15 minutes, but do not allow it to freeze. You will know its ready if the gummies easily pop out. If you try to take them out and there is any gummy residue in the bottom of mold, allow to set longer
- Once you remove the gummies from the mold, stand them up on a parchment lined pan and place in fridge for 12-48 hours. The longer they sit, the harder they will become
- Store in an airtight container
- For a chewier gummy, use 5 - 7 TBLS of acacia gum, for less chewy, use 3 TBLS.
- If you are using Redmond Re-lyte or LMNT there is no need to add Citric acid since there is already citric acid in the electrolytes. You can add up to 1/4 tsp more for an additional "bite".
- If you would like to use Allulose as a sweetener, use 1/4 cup. If using our Keto Corn Syrup, use 2 Tbls.
- The Potassium Sorbate solution will act as a preservative and prevent mold.
- These are best stored in an air tight container with a desiccant pack. If you live in a hot, humid, climate, store in fridge.
- Above nutrition is based on not using sugar alcohols and using 4 TBLS of Acacia Gum.
- For a sour gummy, add more citric acid to the mixture. You can also coat them with a mixture of citric acid and keto friendly sweetener
Serving: 1Batch | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 55g | Fiber: 18g
Tried this recipe?Mention @2krazyketos or tag #2krazyketos!
Made these today. These are fantastic!
I used Dr. Berg’s Pomegranate and Cherry electrolytes along with Everly Pomegranate drink flavor with a little liquid stevia. I used citric acid but not the other optional ingredients.