Keto Gyro meat
- Food Processor
- Stand Mixer
- Hand Mixer
- 1 Pound Ground Lamb
- 1 Pound Ground Beef Use between 80/20 and 90/10
- 1/4 medium Yellow Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced) Or 1 Tablespoon minced garlic from a jar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Mineral Salt We use Redmond
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Marjoram (or half teaspoon oregano)
- 1/3 cup 2kk Tzatziki sauce (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a food processor or by hand, mince up onion
- Add to food processor (or in a stand mixer) add remaining ingredients
- You can do this by hand but you will really need to beat and squeeze the meat. The idea is to extract the protein from the meat so it acts as a binding agent. If you don't do this, the meat will fall apart.
- Mix until very sticky. You should see a white film develop on the meat.
- Place into a loaf pan and press firmly removing all air. The idea is to create a compact loaf similar to what you see on the spits in Greek restaurants. You can also wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and bake it in a roasting pan. Make sure you pack it tightly
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the meat has an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with our Tzatziki sauce