Coconut flour pie crust
This is a simple recipe to make and it's very versitle. For a savory crust for things like chicken pot pie or our taco pie, eliminate the swerve and vanillaPrint Pin
Servings: 16 slices
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 8 tbls butter (must be cold)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbls powdered erythritol
- .5 tsp xanthan gum
- In a bowl or stand mixer,mix all dry ingredients
- Add the eggs and vanilla (if you're making the sweet crust)
- Cube up the butter and add to mixture
- All mixer to fully incorporate all the ingredients.
- Roll into a ball and allow to chil for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and place between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll to desired thickness. You can also spread it in pie pan and using your palms and fingers by spreading the dough to edges of pan.
- Poke holes in the bottom with a fork
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes then allow to cool
This recipe makes enough dough for 2 shallow dish pie pans or one deep dish pie. Nutrition below is for the sweet version and based on using the recipe for 2 pies. If you are making the savory version, the total carbs drops to 4 per piece but net carbs is still 1
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4.9g | Fiber: 3.1g | Net Carbs: 1.03g | Sugar Alcohol: 1.87g
Tried this recipe?Mention @2krazyketos or tag #2krazyketos!