Keto Chow chili
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground beef (80/20)
- 1 medium Sweet onion (about 5 ounces)
- 2 small Green bell peppers (about 8 ounces after seeds and stem)
- 2.50 tsp Minced Garlic (or 5 large cloves)
- 3 Cup Organic beef stock
- 2 Tbls Chili powder
- 4 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Pink salt
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 30 drop liquid monk fruit or steiva (optional)
- 2 scoops Tomato Basil Keto Chow
- Heat up a large cast iron pot or dutch oven on medium heat
- Dice up the bacon and add to pot with coconut oil. Cook until fat is rendered. Don't overcook the bacon, it should be soft.
- Add ground beef and ground pork and cook most of the way through. Make sure you break up the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
- While meat is cooking, dice the onion and green pepper. If you are using fresh garlic, mince up the cloves.
- When meat is almost fully cooked, add green pepper, onion, garlic Stir to combine and allow to simmer for a few minutes until peppers and onion soften up
- Add all spices, keto chow and beef stock. Stir to combine well. Some people like a sweet and spicy chili, if so, add monk fruit or stevia with the spices. If you like a heartier chili, eliminate 1/2 cup of stock
- Turn heat to a simmer and cover. Allow to cook for 1-2 hours. For a thicker chili, simmer with lid off for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream