Parmesan Herb Chicken Sausage
- 5 pounds Chicken Thighs
- 8 ounces cold butter (cut into small pieces)
- 8 ounces Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 45 grams Redmond Real Salt
- 8 grams ground white pepper (can use black pepper)
- 12 grams Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 12 grams Fresh scallions (or chives) chopped
- 8 grams Fresh Tarragon (chopped)
- 8 grams Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 25 grams Fresh pressed garlic (you can smash and chop as well)
- 8-10 feet 29-30mm hog casings
- Make sure your meat is very cold. We suggest putting it in the freezer for about 30 minutes before beginning
- If using fresh chicken thighs, cut into pieces based on your meat grinder and grind through largest die.
- In a bowl, combine meat with all of your herbs and the butter. (LEAVE OUT THE CHEESE FOR NOW)
- Run through a medium die on your grinder. Add cheese and mix by hand.
- Run through the grinder with a medium die one more time.
- Place back into freezer for a few minutes while you clean your grinder
- In a bowl or with a meat mixer, emulsify the sausage. It should become tacky and stick to your hand when you turn it upside down
- Place back into freezer and set up your sausage stuffer
- Stuff sausage into hog casings and twist into 6-8 inch links. (You can also turn them into patties)
- Poke each link with a poking tool 3-4 times
- Place the sausage links into the refrigerator overnight to dry out the casings.
- Separate links and then place them into storage bags for freezer. If you would like to precook them, parboil or cook in a Sous Vide until you have an internal temperature of 155-160 degrees.
- Store uncooked sausage you plan to eat in fridge for up to 3 days and freeze the rest.